Saturday, February 13, 2010

Apologies and Green Tea Cupcakes

I am ashamed... These past five months have been insanely busy, as I applied to college and finished up the first half of my senior year in high school (last chance!), but it's a lousy excuse of my total lack of updates. I've been doing plenty of cooking and baking, even in all the academic chaos, and I'm ready to make it up with plenty of new posts and recipes!

I take Japanese for my language class at school. Valentine's Day is a popular holiday in Japan, and they celebrate it slightly differently than Americans typically do; it's not so much a holiday for couples, but a day when girls express their feelings to a guy they choose, by giving them dark chocolate (guys return the feelings--or not--a month later, on White Day with white chocolate). We follow the tradition in Japanese class, although in reality everyone partakes in the fun. I made green tea cupcakes, with a green tea-almond glaze and little marzipan hearts! Marzipan is incredibly easy to make, and fun to boot! My hearts may leave something to be desired, but that's what freehand gets you.


No comments:

Post a Comment