Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Plain Ol' Chocolate Cupcake...

Sorry I haven't posted in so long! Getting back into the groove of school is pretty hectic, especially it being my Senior year and all. I have been cooking and baking, and I'l be sure to fill you all in as soon as I can!

Not much to say right now, all I have is a revelation to share. A cupcake revelation. 

I have been a hardcore hold-out for traditional cupcake wrappers -- none of this Italian ice cup stuff going on here. But when some of these wrappers fell in front of my face, I sucked it up and gave them a try. 

What can I say? I was wrong, wrong, wrong. Yes, as I predicted, these babies are a pain to open (if things get desperate, you could always squish them out like an icee...), but they have redeeming qualities I had not foreseen! Because these wrappers, unlike usual ones, hold their shape, the cupcakes are given far more support when rising, making lovely high-domed cakes. I bake mostly for friends, so portability is important to me; these actually stayed in place better than the usual! 

Most importantly, aesthetics. I never wanted to use this style of wrapper because, as my sister put it, they look creepily like medical cups. But look how much cuter they get with cupcakes inside of them! Done.

Credit to my good friend C (with the awesome camera) for this picture!

2 comments:

  1. This picture reminded me of your cupcakes :)

    http://ny-image1.etsy.com/il_430xN.95771497.jpg

    ReplyDelete