Monday, August 24, 2009

Eskimix Review

My very first food review! Since I cook for myself a lot, this blog won't be too heavy on these, but I'll definitely note some of my vegan favorites across the city. Now, without further ado...

The newest food fad in New York has got to be frozen yogurt -- a Pinkberry or a Red Mango seems to spring up every week. These are times that try vegan's souls. 

Enter Eskimix. The dairy-free option is so incredibly creamy, my (very non-vegan) sister actually prefers to have it over the three other diary options. And unlike some crummy sprinkling of diced fruit that most fro-yo places offer, Eskimix's frozen yogurt blender makes yogurt with raspberries into raspberry-flavored yogurt. (Speaking of which, I recommend raspberry.)

Mango-pineapple and raspberry-peach, both dairy-free.

The store itself is small, but clean and has a very cute, igloo-themed interior. The staff is young but perfectly nice and quick to serve. The prices are certainly not cheap, but very reasonable in comparison to other fro-yo shops or Jamba Juice -- about $4.50 for a small or $5.25 for a medium. 

Overall, I highly recommend Eskimix. It's certainly one of the best options for a cool, vegan summer treat in Manhattan. 

Eskimix is at 318 Bleecker Street, between Christopher & Grove Streets (near 7th Avenue).

No comments:

Post a Comment